Highlights: Today you will visit the famous Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street.
Potala Palace: Which is known as the cardinal landmark of Tibet and the residence of the Dalai Lama lineages. Stands 13 stories high and owes over 1,000 rooms, 10,000 shrines and 200,000 statues, the Potala Palace formed a small world in it.
Jokhang Temple: Listed on UNESCO's World Heritage list in 2000 as part of the Potala Palace,Jokhang Temple is the ultimate pilgrimage destination for Tibetan Pilgrims. The temple is a four-storey timber complex with a golden top, with the combination of Tang Dynasty, Tibetan and Nepal architectural styles. Every day, pilgrims come from every corner of Tibet worship here, make it a perfect site for photograpers.
Barkhor Street: As the oldest street in Lhasa, Barkhor Street is considered as the center of the old city, and a perfect place to lear Tibetan culture, economy, religion, and arts. The street is full of handicarfts, such as ornaments, knives, tangka, religious musical instruments, gold and silver ware, masks and a lot more. If you intend to buy some souvenirs for friends or famiy, Barkhor Street will be an ideal place.
1) Some visitors might feel a bit hard to breath when climbing the Potala Palace, so please just take the climbing slowly.
2) Some places are not allowed to take photos, please kindly inquire your guide for details.
3) When shopping around Barkor Street, you can compare and bargain for the unique souvenirs
4) During the summer time, the musical fountain show at the Potala Plalace Square is 19:30—22:00PM.
5) Please bring water, a hat, sun cream, and sun glasses for today’s tour as you will be at outside for a long day